Sunday, March 3, 2013

Andre Leon Talley Left 'Vogue' for 'Numero Russia?

So true! Well according to the article in the New York Post page six "After nearly 30 years at the right hand of Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley, the fashion bible's inimitable Editor-at-Large-slash-Contributing-Editor, is rumored to be leaving the publication." We'll the rumors are indeed true.

"My strategy is to bring my training," he told WWD about his plans for Numero. "I feel that I have definite skills to bring to Numero Russia, something exciting for the Russian market and the Russian fashion reader that creates a human side to the fashion theme, a human narrative." Excited about his contribution to the magazine and also landing Naomi Campbell on his first Numero cover.

"I chose her because she lives in Russia now," Talley said. "She has a Russian life with her boyfriend Vladimir [Doronin]. They have an extraordinary new house by Zaha Hadid, and I was privileged enough to see it before it was completed. It's extraordinarily modern to be in Russia."

Seems like Russia is the place to be now. Awe Vogue will miss you Andre and I must say your truly an inspiration to a stylish black young adult like myself that I too can be the Editor-in-chief of a major fashion magazine, are something close to it. I thank you for your guidance and contribution to the fashion industry as a whole and excited about this new tv series surrounding your life and everything fashionable about it. Oh also, can I have your furs?

















No comments: