Thursday, August 5, 2010

Convict Reading: V Magazine - The Sexy Body Issue

After reading one of my favorite fashion magazines, V magazine, I came across this article called "History of Sexy Bodies". In this article they take you way back in time of various shapes of public figures, mainly famous women who took a stand and showed society that they are sexy are what ever size, and as well as their own unique look.





I love how Crystal Renn is the face for plus size women now, and is making a mark... I'm talking dot in every city Dalmatian bitch! haha... love Nicki...anyway women are now being confident in their shape and size no matter what society tries to say whats right and wrong...but what I find interesting is that a icon was created in 1988, I know what most of you are thinking... I was born in 1988 so I'm talking about myself, but I'm really talking about sexy diva icon, Jessica Rabbit. Jessica Rabbit was introduced in 1988 in the animated film Who Framed Roger Rabbit. She blew Betty Boop out her own career and took over as leading animated diva. Jessica Rabbit was based off Rita Hayworth in Gilda, with a bit of Veronica Lake.

Just a little Body history, especially from the year I was born in...eh enough said... 1988 was the year of change...

Crystal Renn

Rita Hayworth
"I haven't had everything from life. I've had too much"


Veronica Lake



Jessica Rabbit



No comments: