Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscar's Best Dressed 2013



I was really shocked at how many stars looked amazing at this year's Oscars. Wasn't enough color this year on the red carpet but that's okay because these ladies brought their A game. It was very soft but yet strong, I loved that effect. Some ladies in my top favorites came strong while others came soft. I enjoy that with fashion and also being a male who adores fashion, men's clothes tend to always be strong. which is why I love the combination of soft and strong. My list will end with my top favorite but start with #8 will have to be Anne Hathaway wearing the signature designer that I feel made her a fashion icon, Prada. She wore a lovely soft pink gown with an exposed back. TREND: Exposed Backs. I absolutely loved it and even though it wasn't my favorite for her winning moment, it was great otherwise. Go Anne!








Coming in at #7 will have to be Amy Adams. I loved this very light shade of blue, actually called powder blue. It was very whimsical and fairy like. I loved the soft approach and strapless gown by Oscar de la Renta. Wasn't to big on the hair but she still owned the red carpet.



#6 will have to go to the ageless and flawless Halle Berry. Wearing one of my personal favorite designers Elie Saab. Loved this strong approach and confidence she attained on the red carpet. Strong gown for a strong women, and Oscar winner!

#5 Jessica Chastain was serving old hollywood with a figure-hugging nude gown by Armani Prive. She was fabulous and I loved the glamour that was in the air after she passed. Absolutely stunning! Loved the hair, love the shoes. Love everything. She couldn't do anything wrong! Again TREND: Strapless Tops.



Coming in at #4 which is hard and I couldn't decide if she should be #3 but coming in forth will have to be Stacy Keibler in a slimming Naeem Khan dress. She wore the hell out of that gown. On the arm of the most sought after man in the world, Stacy always find a way to steal the show. Well there you have it.


TOP 3

Coming in 3rd which was hard enough to do but the fabulous Charlize Theron chosed a structured Dior dress which showed off some cleavage but still killed every woman in the building. She was the belle of the ball. The most gorgeous woman alive in my eyes. Whom is also African too, but this Dior gown was everything and her beauty and hair was flawless!





Winner up and #2 best dress will have to be hands down Naomi Watts who wore Armani Privé. Talk about a scandal. I won't be surprised if she actually wins best dress on the fashion police on E!. But overall this gown was a risk taker and yet fashionable and not boring. It was a gown but it was a winning gown. An attitude gown, but more so a statement gown and she wore that gown.





BEST DRESS who also wore a fabulous Dior creation and was epic while winning and stunning at every angle, Jennifer Lawrence. When I say show stopper, show stopper. Glam doll of the night at only 22 years old. She won for best female actress and now has a gown to go in the history books with her wing Oscar. This Dior gown was amazing on the red carpet, and the photographers went crazy. I'm sure she won't be just my only best dress of the night, but this queen deserve It all. Congrats!






(photos various sites including just jared, zimbio)

No comments: